As a manager…
Sound familiar? No worries.
It’s possible to learn about code, not how to code.
Web technologies explained
for product managers
Make sense of BDD, TDD, Jenkins
You will have a deeper understanding of the whole end to end process, including continuous integration tools and the process of deployment so that you understand terms like jenkins, cucumber, Github, automated testing, BDD and TDD.
Speak with confidence
Get the confidence to speak with your stakeholders about web development technologies in a fluid and concise way so that they understand why projects may take longer than expected. Your job is to have a broad understanding of technology and distill that into easy to understand nuggets of information.We’ll teach you how to do it.
Learn about code, not how to become a programmer
Understand the full stack
You will get a broad understanding of web development fundamentals and coding languages so that you can engage with your engineering team with more confidence. You won’t be an engineer; you’ll be a product manager who knows more about technology.
Want to find out more?
For managers who love to learn
What you’ll learn
Understand servers and clients
Front end coding languages
Backend coding languages
Git hub and version control
All our programs include live classes taught by our program leads which give you the chance to ask questions, clarify problems and clearly understand the principles you’re being taught throughout the program. If you miss a class, you can catch up online later in your dashboard.
Uniquely tailored for managers
Our programs are created by product managers and professionals who fully understand the pain and the passion of every day product management. Other educational materials rarely focus on the product management profession, typically choosing instead to teach engineers.
Skills not certificates
We believe certificates are a little outdated so we don’t place too much emphasis on them. Instead, we focus on creating the best learning materials to help you to acquire practical new skills and achieve outcomes for your product.
Focused on actions and outcomes
This isn’t a program for product people who want to sit back and passively listen to content; this is about being actively engaged. We encourage our students to take specific steps and implement them into your daily routine so that you apply what you learn.
The Web Technologies program is taught live by Department of Product program instructors.
27th January - 8th March 2020
In addition to the 6 week program, all participants also get a full 1 year subscription to the Department of Product members area with exercises, projects and resources to put into practice what you learn.
- Location: Live Online
- Fees: $1,250 USD
- Instructors: Richard Holmes and Jason Leonard
- You are a product management or professional in full time employment, self-employed or working on a contract basis.
- You have experience working as a product manager or professional that can be demonstrated through either a portfolio or a LinkedIn profile upon request.
- You have a strong desire and commitment to learning new skills.
- You are over the age of 18
- You have access to a high speed internet connection which can be used to stream video
- You have access to a location you are comfortable learning remotely from
$1,250 USD for Web Technologies Program
Includes full access to the program materials. No hidden extra costs.
- 6 weeks of live classes from our product leaders
- 1 year subscription to the Department of Product members area
- Access to all learning materials
- Access to the Department of Product resource library
- Exclusive supporting material from industry leading product leaders
Your program instructors
Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
Our program instructors have worked at the following companies:
Members only access
What previous participants say
I did some research and couldn’t find many courses out there that covered this. I came across the Web Technologies Program and it offered the structure and level of content I was looking for. Having spoken to my brother (a front end developer), he echoed that it offered a good structure and would cover the material a product manager would need (based on his experience of what technical understanding made a good product manager).
Joe Thornton, Product Manager
Imelda Malone, Product Manager
How do we compare with the others?
1 day seminars
Cost: $600 – $1500 / day
Cost: $2000 – $5000+
A visual comparison
We’re different. Here’s why.
1. We focus exclusively on the needs of product managers
Our programs are created by product managers, for product managers and we understand the day to day challenges of being a product manager today. Too often, course materials are written by product gurus or ‘consultants’ who have no real experience in product management. If you don’t understand that the life of a product manager is typically filled with tonnes of inbound requests from stakeholders, bug fixes, questions from the engineering team and pressure from your boss, you’re never going to fully understand what it means to be a product person. We do, and we build our content with this real experience in mind.
2. We eliminate unnecessary information
Our programs are focused on the most commonly used parts of the topics we teach. Using the 80/20 principle, a technique used by some of the world’s leading experts across various fields, we eliminate unnecessary information and instead focus on the most important pieces that you need to learn as a product manager.
3. We emphasise real world application
Our programs are split into 2 key stages: the first is for knowledge acquisition and the second is knowledge application. We encourage our students to apply the knowledge they have gained in real, day to day interactions with their teams. You’ll be expected to apply your knowledge and improve your skills as a product manager.
What people are saying
Our focus on high quality, original content and our ability to distill technical concepts into easy to understand formats continues to impress the global product community.
Frequently asked questions
What can I expect to accomplish by the end of this program?
- Be able to build basic web pages using HTML, CSS and jQuery
- Understand the full stack, including your own product’s technology stack
- Have working knowledge of GitHub
- Have a deeper understanding of APIs; what they are, how they work and why they are important to your business
- Be able to structure your own SQL queries to pull data from databases
- Have an understanding of the differences between TDD, BDD and automation testing tools
- Feel more confident speaking to both your engineering team and business stakeholders
- Learn how to distill complex technologies into easily digestible smaller chunks and retrieve the information for access later
How much does it cost?
$1,250 USD. This includes access to all learning materials, lifetime access to the Department of Product resource library and exclusive supporting material from industry leading product leaders.